Thanks to John Rob for his words on our recent show at Beautiful Days Festival, written on the Louder Than War pages.
"The band is really tight and the songs have grown in size and stature and the set list threaded together from his albums is triumphant and exuberant. This is a social commentary and street songs turned into a poetry in motion and a triumph for anyone who believes you should never have to kowtow to anyone or play their game to create great music and that despite everything pop music with an edge is also great fun"
Read the full review HERE.
We return with a new single 'The Devil's Radio' on 28th July and announce a set of UK summer festivals including appearances at The Libertines' British Summer Time at Hyde Park and T in the Park before preparing the 10th year anniversary shows at the O2 Academy in Sheffield where we play 'The State Of Things' and 'French Kiss in The Chaos' in their entirety on 24th October followed by '@Reverend_Makers' and 'Thirty Two' on 25th October.
Produced by Youth (Primal Scream) and electronic producer James Welsh (Hypercolour), the lover's rock-influenced single 'The Devil's Radio' is taken from the latest album 'ThirtyTwo'.
Listen now HERE.
Sat 26 Jul 2014: Stockport, Blackthorn Music Festival
Sat 05 July 2014: London, BST with The Libertines, Hyde Park
Sun 13 July 2014: T In The Park Festival, Scotland
Sat 26 July 2014: Blackthorn Music Festival
Sun 27 Jul 2014: Stockton, Stockton Weekender
Sat 09 Aug 2014: Leicester, Strawberry Fields
Sun 17 Aug 2014: Devon, Beautiful Days
Sat 23 Aug 2014: Bradford, Summerjam Festival
OCTOBER 24TH: Albums 1 and 2 in full at the Sheffield Academy.
OCTOBER 25TH: Albums 3 and 4 in full.
For the latest news on shows, and for all tickets, visit our EVENTS page HERE.
So you've bought the new album? No? Click one of the links up the side and then continue reading below when it lands on your doorstep...
AUGMENTED REALITY ALBUM COVER //
Next, you simply need to download the FREE Aurasma augmented reality app to your smartphone or tablet device, search and follow the Reverend & The Makers channel. Then hold the app's camera mode over the CD album and be amazed as jaw-dropping technology kicks in.
Hold it over the CD cover and watch exclusive video content appear as if by magic. Do the same with the booklet's centre spread and see the brand new music video, 'The Only One'.
Video content will change over time so keep coming back for more. First up is an exclusive acoustic track featuring Jon singing a new song, 'Closest To Your Light'. Enjoy the experience.
So to make that absolutely clear, the bofins have put these instructions together...
1. Buy a physical CD copy of the album, Thirty Two.
2. Get on Wifi, 3G or 4G to download the FREE Aurasma app to your mobile phone or web tablet. Your device must have a camera feature.
3. Open the app menu, keyword search for the Reverend & The Makers channel and follow .
4. Return to the app's camera mode, point your device at the CD cover, or centre spread, and watch it come to life. Ensure the entire image fills the app camera view in the clearly marked central target area, is well lit, with no reflections or shadows. Try taking it out of the plastic jewel case to avoid reflections, best viewed straight on. And be patient, it can take a few seconds to activate the first time.
5. When the video plays clock on it twice to fill the screen and you can walk away, watching it play on a loop. Click once on the video to take you to www.reverendmakers.com.
6. Keep checking your CD and other Reverend and the Makers images for more exclusive videos - with updates to follow on the web site and on Twitter @Reverend_Makers
* You need a good web connection to watch the augmented videos, so use Wifi where possible, as video streaming can use lots of your 3G and 4G data allowance. Get the bill payer's permission and act responsibly.